Skip to main content

Decorating The Spare Guest Bedroom

This room was previously a child's bedroom according the the lilac carpet and pink disney wallpaper.

Before...










The first job was to strip the wallpaper which was an easy job as the paper was the pre-glued type and peeled off like child's stickers.

The walls were then prepared by filling holes and then sanding down.

The carpet was heavily stained so this was removed and replaced with a bargain buy remnant that cost only £59 from a carpet shop closing down sale . The new carpet is a thick, short pile, hessian back in a wine colour.

The colour scheme for this room was determined by the bargain buy carpet. We decided on a neutral 'soft white' for the walls and used burgundy and gold bedding to match the carpet.

After...


Comments

  1. Wow, such an amazing difference! You did a fantastic job here.

    Since you welcome ideas... :)

    I would suggest adding an upholstered headboard (possibly tufted). You could bring in some gold that way in your fabric. You may already know how to make one, but I'm hoping to add a tufted headboard tutorial to my site soon.

    Looks great! Your hard work definitely paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Kristi and I look forward to seeing your tufted headboard project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vanity Dressing Table Makeover With Chrome Silver Metallic Paint

Painting a pine wooden dressing table with metallic spray paint Dressing table painted in metallic chrome silver Pine vanity dressing table before painting wooden dressing table before painting I managed to find an old pine dressing table in a second hand shop, which only cost £65 with the mirror and stool.  It has 6 deep drawers, a stool and a 3 way mirror.  Perfect for keeping all my make-up, hair products and nick-knacks all in one place.  It was just the wrong colour! I debated painting it shabby chic white which would look lovely but I decided to try something different for a change.  The colour scheme for my new bedroom will be grey and silver so I thought I would try painting this piece of furniture in a metallic silver. When I looked at the silver spray paints I noticed that chrome had more sheen to it than the silver so I thought I would give it a try.  The paint I chose was Rust-oleum Metallic brilliant finish in Chrome spray p...

Small side garden makeover

This is an on-going project which we haven't finished to date. When we moved into this house the garden was a mess full of weeds and rubbish... So far we have removed all the rubbish and the weeds... Tidied the borders and painted the fencing... The garden will be an on-going project for us as the ideas we have are quite expensive. The plan is to have a decking area built at the end of the garden with a fence around and steps up to it, with an arch and gate. The area we wish to cover with decking is large so this project will be expensive. We need to... - replace some of the fencing panels down the left side. - replace the huge, ugly oil container (the large metal box that I have temporarily painted with the fence paint in an effort to hide it!) - do something useful and contructive with the kid's wooden wendy house - this is an object inherited from the previous owners which is used as a shed at the moment. -remove the pampas grass plan...