Skip to main content

Painting A LLoyd Loom Chair

I have aquired some Lloyd Loom style chairs and an ottoman and want to re-paint the chairs in white.
Firstly I need to clean the chair by using a brisque brush to remove dirt and fibres. Then hoover to remove the dust. You must be careful not to over wet the chair because it is made of recycled paper and wire.
I will be using car spray paint in gloss white to avoid over clumping the weave pattern. The first chair I am revamping has already been heavily painted but the colour has aged. It has not been painted carefully and the weave pattern has been damaged but I am hoping that this won't be too noticeable if I re-spray it carefully.

I will add photo's once I have finished ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating The Spare Guest Bedroom

This room was previously a child's bedroom according the the lilac carpet and pink disney wallpaper. Before... The first job was to strip the wallpaper which was an easy job as the paper was the pre-glued type and peeled off like child's stickers. The walls were then prepared by filling holes and then sanding down. The carpet was heavily stained so this was removed and replaced with a bargain buy remnant that cost only £59 from a carpet shop closing down sale . The new carpet is a thick, short pile, hessian back in a wine colour. The colour scheme for this room was determined by the bargain buy carpet. We decided on a neutral 'soft white' for the walls and used burgundy and gold bedding to match the carpet. After...

Vanity Dressing Table Makeover With Chrome Silver Metallic Paint

Painting a pine wooden dressing table with metallic spray paint Dressing table painted in metallic chrome silver Pine vanity dressing table before painting wooden dressing table before painting I managed to find an old pine dressing table in a second hand shop, which only cost £65 with the mirror and stool.  It has 6 deep drawers, a stool and a 3 way mirror.  Perfect for keeping all my make-up, hair products and nick-knacks all in one place.  It was just the wrong colour! I debated painting it shabby chic white which would look lovely but I decided to try something different for a change.  The colour scheme for my new bedroom will be grey and silver so I thought I would try painting this piece of furniture in a metallic silver. When I looked at the silver spray paints I noticed that chrome had more sheen to it than the silver so I thought I would give it a try.  The paint I chose was Rust-oleum Metallic brilliant finish in Chrome spray p...

We moved house again to another project!

Our New Home We moved into our new home just over a year ago. It had been empty for around 3 years and had been left unattended during that time. The result was a very overgrown garden and a damp and cold house. When we first viewed the house we were immediately able to look beyond it's state of disrepair and see the ultimate potential. We fell in love with it! We knew it would take a few years to transform into anything like how we want it to be, but we were still excited about taking on this project. Moving into the house with young children was quite daunting. We had to prioritise the projects with the children's safety being paramount. The garden lacked fencing to secure the children, there was little heating downstairs and a boiler that was over 20 years old.  The whole house was filthy with signs of mice activity and masses of cobwebs everywhere, together with damp and mould patches. The garden was knee high with brambles, nettles and ivy everywhere. Underneath th...